Monday, May 3, 2010

The Haircut

He did it.

A lot of people, for a long time, have given Mistah a hard time about his waist-long ponytail.

He’s always resisted the nay-sayers, though. And not just to be contrary. His waist-long ponytail is cool. And Awesome. And different. And distinct.

I mean, how many other people can compete with Mona, who, by the way, is about 5 feet tall and is standing on a chair to be the same height as Billy?

Plus, they both have waist-length hair.

Actually, they both did have waist-length hair.

Yesterday Bill decided he’d had enough. He was tired of the flyaway ends, he was tired of his ponytail getting caught in everything, he was tired of leaning back against the back of a barstool and having his head getting frozen in position.

He asked me to cut it for him.

I fixed us a couple of stiff drinks for courage – we were both nervous – Bill, afterall, last had his hair cut in 2000. 2000. That's a decade ago, my friends.

He assumed the position . . .

(really, those are serious flyaways.)

*I* assumed the position . . .

(And speaking of hair? My girl Jennie is a genius.)

And then? . . . Snip!

Voilà!

(That's me, by the way, and my unique, iconoclastic photographical stance.)

Flyaways no more.

And just like that, ten years later, a haircut. I think Mistah looks good in a crew cut.

9 comments:

Rita said...

I think that's awesome! His ponytail looks much healthier and younger now with the flyaway ends trimmed off! Seriously, when people have looooong hair and the bottom part is comprised of like three scraggly hairs, it kind of irks me and I want to sneak up behind them and trim those off to make it look nice. It looks great now!

hates flyaways in PA said...

boy, that bottom section of the "tail" is the perfect length for donating.

It does grow back ;)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Whoa, you scared me there for a minute, Ellie.

But I should have known better.

Shoof.

beth

unmitigated me said...

I love Schecklah's ponytail! You had me worried.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Awe, look at Mr. Schleckie Pie! Nice job.....agree that the remaining locks of love would be a great donation!

Xo

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I can't wait to see if anyone recognizes him at work today. He should put on dark glasses and go incognito. It would be so much fun to whip off the glass and yell SURPRISE and freak everyone out!!

Imperatrix said...

You teaser! It does look much better after you attacked him with the shears. I love how in every shot he's grabbing onto the railing, as if that's the only way he can stand it

Anonymous said...

I knew you were just messing with us. LOL

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Mom C said...

12 more inches would be perfect! LOL at myself. love you.... mom