Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Stuff this

I have many photos and stories to share from our just-finished New Mexico & Colorado vacation, but unfortunately not enough time to share them this morning. My work in-box is atrocious after a week away.

So, I'll take you back to the atrociousness of my work load just prior to leaving for said vacation. I was responsible for getting out a marketing mailing that day. And by mail, I mean overland mail. (I know! Who still does this?)

I personally had not done this in many, many, many years. Do you know how long it takes to get an overland mailing out, especially if you factor in hand-feeding 196 mail-merged envelopes?



Well, it takes an entire day in the office, a trip to the post office, lugging the remaining not-stuffed envelopes and their fillings home so that you can enlist three more people to help you fold and stuff and seal and stamp. Then another trip to the post office. After dark. That's how long.




Yes, after 19 years on the job, these are my (and my kids and boyfriend's) tasks.

Do any of you know anyone who's hiring?

1 comment:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Apparently *you* need to hire! Unless your peeps are officially on staff now? And I think they shine because they are an adorable bunch.

And p.s., that would have been *me* stuffing those envelopes a few years ago......

Love!
Ellie