Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Mr. Peanut

I was in the deep south last week. Southern Georgia to be more precise. I went east for a training, which was held in the lovely small town of Sylvester, Georgia, claimed to be the Peanut Capital of the World due to its peanut production. So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that there was a crock-pot like device full of boiled peanuts in the gas station convenience store when I filled up - I wasn't in Kansas anymore. Or California.

Actually, though, I saw a lot more pecans than I did peanuts. There were various pecan farms dotting my 25-minute rural drive from hotel to training site each morning. But I opted for the easier mega Adock Pecans joint in Tifton to peruse my pecans, and wow, they didn't disappoint. Truckloads of pecans was right.


My people ended up with less than a handful. But if you've got peaches and pecans, you've got a little slice of Southern Georgia.


Because I am who I am, these are the only two photos I took all week. No lovely countryside, no smiling faces of my fellow trainees, no evidence of the amazing crab cakes or catfish or lightly fried green beans I ordered. You'll just have to trust me that it was all quite lovely, and a nice change of pace from chaotic Southern California. I don't know if I could live there, but I would happily go back to visit. And the next time I do, I'm going to see me the world's largest peanut....


1 comment:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hmmmmm. That's the world's largest something, that's for sure.

Peaches and pecans and peanuts, oh my. I love that Georgia countryside, too -- and that state has an awesome and lovely state park / camping system.

Nice to have you on the East(ish) Coast(ish)!

xoxox
Ellie