Monday, February 3, 2020

Eat, Drink, Cook

You know how some people Eat, Pray, Love? Well, we don't.
We Eat, Drink, Cook. All the ding-dong day yesterday.

I was making chili for the Superb Bowl, because, of course. So I took the opportunity to make soup stock. And then I found red potatoes in the fridge so in they went, and then, since the oven was already on?

Jennie-inspired roasted broccoli rabe.

I know.

Wait, let me show you.

Welcome to my kitchen.

What was it I said? Oh yes . . .

I was making chili for the Super-Duper Bowl . . .

. . . so I took the opportunity to make soup stock . . .

. . . and then I found six wee red potatoes so roasted them . . .

. . . and since the oven was already on? Jennie-inspired roasted broccoli rabe . . .

. . . I know.

We ate the whole pan.

Here's the "after" of the potatoes, which we ate from the pan with toothpicks. Okay, I did.

We ate that whole pan too.

And here is part of the "Drink" part, although we were drinking neither Captain's Daughter nor any Grey Sail brewing beer, although their brewery is really fun.

We Ate, we Drank, we Cooked. We had a wonderful time with our wonderful friends and then we went to bed.

The End.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

You are awesome, I love reading your blog, you again made me smile!
See you soon my friend!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

Ellie, you are one happy woman. And why the hell not?! You've got it all! love you, SIL!
jnb