Monday, April 26, 2021

The Hugs

Remember I talked about hugs last week?

Yeah . . . 

. . . I got myself another good one.

My vaxed-up Girl Nancy and her vaxed-up peeps cam down and we had ourselves a long, long, long-awaited Time.

Merry Christmas!

And yes, the sky was yellow and the sun was blue.

photo cred: mygirlnancy

We celebrated with long-planed Veuve . . . 

photo cred: mygirlnancy

. . . and not-at-all-long-planned Jonny Salmon Tray.

photo cred: mygodson

We did a Field Tour . . .  

photo cred: mygodson

. . . and Pooprah was on High Alert for all falling orts . . . 

. . . and we had ourselves a Time.

My godson took a selfie for his friend -- my first-cousin-once-removed Kate, because, well, that's just how small this world of ours is . . . 

. . . if you want to get really meta -- and of course you do -- here's a photo of the selfie being taken.

. . . meta times three . . . 

Oh wait, what? More besties in the mix? I mean, this Life we get to live . . . 

We got Recovery Room take out and neither Jonny nor Mistah is in any photos and Nancy and I have our mouths full in every photo and that is why this is perfection.

I take all credit for my godson being gorgeous and also a great kid. You're welcome.

Here are words I have not said in well over a year: hair by Jennie
More accurately: haircut and blowout by Jennie; hair color by DNA.

Man, did we have ourselves a Time.

And that hug was everything.

3 comments:

Joan said...

I LOVE this. I'm so happy you got those long-awaited hugs and quality time spent with a few of your besties.
One day "soon" I will look forward to being on the giving AND receiving end of those hugs!
xo
SILJNB

Lisa S said...

Oh wow this is amazing. Very happy for you! And your hair is GORGEOUS.

Noelle said...

Brought tears to my eyes! Who knew the world could bring us to the point of REALLY becoming aware of what we all NEED! Hugs, love and some good wine!