Monday, July 19, 2021

Mad Burning Fun

You see these two?

They met, there was attraction, there was affection, and then they fell into -- what was it again? oh, right -- Mad Burning Love . . . 

 . . . and they graciously invited us to join the festivities to help celebrate.

And you know what we had whilst celebrating? We had Fun. For days upon days upon joyful days, we had Mad Burning Fun.

I got to be with all my sisters and my Mom and my cousins and aunts and uncles on a happy occasion, for once . . .

. . . and I swear I love these women with all my heart despite my weird body language.

And my cousins? Oh, man, how I love them too.

After the wedding we went back to the hotel -- apparently Ann ditched us for the grown-ups because she's smart . . .

  
. . . and although the Littles think they've got it going on*, I reminded them they'd be nothing without me and my choreography**.

*actually they do have it going on

**but the choreography remains timeless and inspiring

And then . . . The Party Bus! It was . . . wait for it . . . Fun!

#freemistah

. . . The Reception . . . Fun!
 
#restrooms
And ladies and gentlemen . . . . 

. . . my brothers-in-law and my Mistah husband? Why, yes, they were there too.

And the after-party?

Correctamundo. Fun.

The night lasted a really long and really hilarious time, but here's the thing. These are highlights. Highlights with photographic evidence. So you're just going to have to jump with me here to the the very next day . . . 

. . . and Ann's Whoopie Pie birthday cake and the hilarious-and-yet-also-incredibly-dramatic story behind it.


"This is my friend Julie . . . "

Julie helped me with strawberries. She's not Mistah's friend for nuthin'.

Friends? Cousins? Frousins? Oh hells yes. The Head Maid in the House.

Speaking of The House . . .  

Captain, my Captain. Our beloved and treasured Uncle Kevin . . . 

. . . and our beloved and treasured Aunt Cheri. Who made us sandwiches the next day for our respective drives home because of course she did; that's what goddesses do.

And then my people? We arrived home in New London . . . 

. . . to a zoom with mom's siblings, who we already missed desperately -- it had been hours after all . . .

And then because we are Coreys . . . 

. . . singing and arm-dancing.

. . . look how hard we're singing at Mom.

. . .  and look at all that love. . . 

Isn't she cuuuuuute?

And then the next day! We had a whole lot of Next Days and we could not get over our luck. Mom and MB and Ann left -- sob -- but Jacquie stayed -- yay -- and there's only one thing to do at a time like that  . . . 

OB East, baby . . . 

. . . where we made Mistah swim then he made us swim. Hydrotherapy for the win.

This girl, on her kids' rocks . . . 

Those rocks.

We're not as cute as James and Clara, but we are dang close.

Oh look, Mistah made another photo.

Here's how things go with Jacquie . . .  

. . . a pose . . .
 
. . . and then love . . . 

. . . and then biting.

Well, two can play at that game, my friend.

Oh, do you want to know how our time at Captain Scott's was?

You guessed it. Fun.

And then another next day (I know; I still can't believe our good fortune) . . . 

. . . we took that Pacific Ocean girl straight to the Atlantic Ocean . . .  
. . . straight to the 'Squam.

Jacquie left us the next day to spend several days with Jane, the yellow-dressed wonder, and they apparently had an epic time there, too . . . 

(. . . or so they claim. I mean, it's cute that they think so.)

. . . but not before she came to my workplace to say hi and have luncheon . . . 

And then we were left with nothing but memories of -- what was that? Eighty-seven days of Fun? Yes, I believe that was 87 days . . . 

Thanks for all that Fun, you glorious people . . .  

. . . Meghan and Cameron and my sisters and my Mom and my bros-in-law and my Mistah and my cousins and the treasures of my aunties and uncles . . . 

. . . here's to you. 

Thank you for the Mad Burning Fun.

2 comments:

mom said...

love it Ellie!!
xoxo

Joan said...

WOW! That was fun just to LOOK at!! A fabulous description of your lovefest. Ellie you and your family are truly blessed. Your mom looks great and I bet she was just "kvelling" the whole time. And btw - I think you and Jacquie ARE as cute as James and Clara!!!
xoxo
SILJNB