Monday, October 4, 2021

40 Years Ago . . .

 . . . apparently, I was 18.

Apparently, we all were.

Class of '81, baby . . . 

We reunited on Saturday night at our beloved Calf Pasture Beach to celebrate our accomplishments. We've accomplished being 40 years older, which is no small feat. We've lost way too many classmates already, and were so thankful to be present.

I wish we all had more time together, but it was pure magic being with friends from high school, and -- like these lovelies -- girls I've have been friends with since we were in single digits together. 
Love you beauties.

The reunion, however, was not the only Event of the weekend. 
Earlier in the day was the 16th Annual Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation Walk for a Cure, from which I have no photos except when I got home before we headed out to reunite with my fellow Bears ...

The Walk was epic, as usual. The walkers were incredible, as usual. The Foundation is amazing, as usual.

But that was not the only other Event of the weekend either.

On Sunday we celebrated a certain matriarch's birthday . . . 

. . . with bruncheon . . . 

. . . and presents and cake and bubbly . . . 

. . . and all had ourselves a Time. 

And then I went home and collapsed.

Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you.

Thanks for an incredible weekend, all y'all.

See you at the 50th.

💗💗💗

2 comments:

mom said...

what a week-end you had! and thanks for you and Bill being here, along with Mary Beth, for an early celebration of my birthday...and thanks for the food and flowers and gifts....
I'm a lucky girl....
mom
xoxo

Unknown said...

A weekend for the ages? Certainly one you will relive for a while. Happiest birthday to Mom <3.