Monday, May 9, 2022

Sometimes . . .

 . . . a photo says it all.

It was Mother's Day a few years ago and it was covid and we brought Mom bruncheon which we ate in her driveway, in the sun, separated by feet or was it yards? or was it miles? and we had so much fun.

Was it easy? No. Did Mom roll with it? Of course. Was it one for the ages? Oh yes.

Mom's strength and resiliency, her ability to roll with it, that's what I miss. And her empathy and interest, I miss that too. And her confidence in us? I miss that woman having my back and cheering me on.

May I say for the seven millionth time? I'm thankful and grateful we had her for the entirety of the well-lived life she shared with us.

And I am supremely grateful that this photo wasn't our last Mother's Day with Mom. Oh no. The next year? We got to hug.

3 comments:

Julie said...

XOXOXO

Joan said...

You can say it 8 million times and more..... I think its wonderful that in your grief over your loss you can already appreciate and express your gratitude for having had Ellen Flatley Corey as your mother - for so many wonderful loving years.
I love you!
SIL JNB

Kristin said...

You my friend, are one exteodunary example of a beautiful woman. I am so blessed to be part of your circle. Love you. Xoxoxo
(I was so happy to be able to hug you)