Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flight of the Bobo

“I thought you were going to get mad at us,” my girl exclaimed… “I didn’t expect you to participate!”
.
I could see her point. Whenever my kids disappear together into one of their bedrooms, I suspect foul play.
.

So when I recently walked in on this:



They thought I was going to be mad.

They paused long enough to gauge my reaction, and then seeing that I was intrigued, they advised me to retreat to a safe position.



I ordered them to halt ...until I could grab my camera.


Then, after documenting the process up to that point, I stood down for lift off, camera poised to capture the awesomeness that would surely ensue once the ceiling fan was turn on high.




Oops. It was fast.



I had neither the time nor the patience to wait for my boy to reposition all the animals onto their respective arms for a second attempt, so I took over. (what? Have you met me?)

The kids grabbed my camera.



This time I knew how fast it would be, so I was ready.


But not ready enough.


I was way too far into this to admit defeat. We went for it again. My kids offered helpful tips about placement and timing. My girl just knew that Bobo was going to fall first, so instructed me to aim the camera at Bobo and take the picture the second I saw Bobo start to move.



Which one of you clowns is Bobo?


Ready, Aim…. FIRE!



Bobo?!?!

7 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Who needs TV when you've got ceiling fans?

Have your kids grown a foot each since they've been here?

I love how your boy ducks down every time to be ready for the raining of those fierce stuffed animals.

Very imformative blog post, Jacquie. Hmmmm. Wonder what we can fly off of ours...?

Ellie

Lisa S said...

"(what? Have you met me?)"

No. I haven't met you. But that line (and this post) cracked me up!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh that is *so* Jacquie, Lisa. Who has the patience to wait for her kids to reposition all the stuffed animals onto their respective ceiling fan arms?? (That's a sentence I've never uttered before). Especially her boy. He is s...l...o...w.

Who has that kind of time? Not Jacquie, that's who.

xxxE

Hsin-Yi said...

So awesome! I'm totally going have to try that myself. You've got some creative kids!

Pickles and Dimes said...

"Which one of you clowns is Bobo?"

HAHHAHA.

Great shot! What a fun moment with your kids.:)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Flight of the Bobo, sounds so majestic....

We (okay, T and the girls) do a similar thing with clothing, they just love watching it fly off of the far. Stuffed animals would be a new and improved version. Thank your crazy kids in advance for us.

beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

you say fan, i say far...