Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's the little things

I love when I come upon something unexpected that gives me pause, or a smile, or a pause and a smile. A laugh is even better.

I have these moments often. Lucky, right? These sweet moments are often kid-inspired. As they saying goes, kids do the darndest things....

Sometimes it's a piece of writing they've composed, or something they've squirreled away in their backpacks. Sometimes it's just the specific composition of a pile of their crap treasures that makes me chuckle, or an unexpected item left for me to find.

I've written a post about this before, with lots of funny photos. Today I only have one....

After taking the sandy towels, water bottle, sun protection, etc. out my beach bag the other day,

 I noticed something small was left inside.

Expecting to find a gritty pretzel piece or other item for discard, I was tickled to find instead nothing short of a very demure pair of

yes, you guessed it -- glass slippers!

The fairytale never ends, I tell ya ;)

Here's hoping that you receive an unexpected treasure today too.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I know *just* the mermaid they would fit.

Oh, wait a minute......

Happy Treasures!

Ellie

Pat said...

Can the handsome prince be far behind?
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I've been looking *everywhere* for those since our day at the beach!

xo
jacquie