Monday, October 15, 2018

Fall Magic

Yesterday Mistah said, "I've got to get out in the Field and take some photos of Fall Magic."

"I wish you would," I replied.

Fall Magic is right.

When I was younger . . .  way way back many decades ago . . .

. . . I didn't like Fall because it was the end of Summer, and the beginning of Winter, and so dry and blah-dee-la-blah-blah-blah.

But the thing about Fall?

Even if it's not my favorite season? . . .

. . . is that it is *a* season.

And, ever-evolving as I am, it took me deep into my 50s . . .

. . . to figure out . . . 

. . . well, it doesn't take a genius to figure out, thankfully . . .

. . . that during this short time on this Earth of ours . . .

. . . there is no good reason . . .

. . . to wish away one season . . .

. . .  to get to another.

I know. I know! But it takes me a while to figure out stuff.

And this I learned:

Time flies.

It flies.


And because of this time-flying phenomenon, there is therefore only one thing to do at a time like this.

Jump on it, jump in it, and enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Lisa S said...

This is so nice! That field is helping you access your inner Annie Dillard.

Gail Watrous said...

So beautifully poetic— and the photos are as splendid as the subject matter! Thanks for sharing the magnificence of autumn!