Monday, June 10, 2019

HellerFest

The cousins were in town.

We were delighted and excited to see them, and to have them here -- here! -- but here's what I did not anticipate . . .

. . . that this kid, Yagbu's Kevin, my first cousin-once-removed . . .

. . . would be as interested as I am in talking about woodworking. His woodworking and my vicarious interest in woodworking. He's talented and exceptional and did not have an Uncle Morris in his life to tell him the tricks like my Dad did; he figured it out himself. And I wanted to hear every detail.

His great-Uncle Joe would love this kid. And I believe the feeling would be mutual.

His dad Yagbu is one of my all-times. We talked about everything. All the everythings. I'm lucky to have this person as one of my persons . . .

. . . and his Kathy? My girl? She's the reason this all went down and her exuberance and charisma and humor and enthusiasm? I didn't think I could love her more than I did but now I do.

. . . And her daughter? My other girl? The other Ellie? Ellie #2? Also my favorite. I have a lot of favorites.

Speaking of Ellies, Bill made me include this one. #ubiquitous

selfies thanks to Ellie #2
We dragged the lovelies back to our house because The Field.

We think they should all move here . . .

. . . right into the biggest Field in the third smallest state.

Right where they belong.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! So happy to read your blog, you always make me smile, and Bills pics? ALWAYS the best! Love you my friend! Have an amazing week!
xoxoxo