Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekend Photo Project: foodies

Baked ziti a la me -- in that I totally revamped the recipe to make it better. Hot turkey sausage, spinach, pesto, mozzarella, tomatoes. Yum. Somehow, though, I don't think it's going to compete with whatever Jacquie has to show us from Roma.....



Pizza a la T and me, baked on the pizza stone on the BBQ. It may not be an Italian brick oven, but when in San Diego.... Yes, pepperoncinis, sliced Kalamata olives, red onion, roasted red peppers, and the perfect cheesy blend. Bravisimo! Mmm, that's Italian!


Mmmmmmm, I'm starving. Yes, my inspiration for this theme was the group of photos I took in Italy of nearly every meal that was placed before me. It could have.... perhaps should have..... perhaps will be a post of its very own, because the rules for our weekend photo projects state that we're only allowed to post one photo. How would I choose? The best photo from this collection of dimly lit, wine infused settings? The best taste? The best presentation? The most memorable meal? After much contemplation, I selected one photo that stands out for me because it fits each of these possible scenarios. It was my first meal in Rome, with mom, in what became the only restaurant we returned to out of pure adoration:

Spaghetti with clams at Taverna Antonina, Roma (make sure to click that link, mom)

It would have been impossible and unfair to show you ALL the food photos at once.

Right?


3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Holy Cow, Jacquie. May I just say? Yum.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yes. Yes you may! 10 points to whoever spots the bugles in that collage. Best fancy bar snack e-vah!

xo

Jacquie

Mom c said...

Oh, the food - can you say awesome??? I miss you... mom