Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Talkin 'bout my girl our girls

As we know, it was Jacquie's boy's birthday the last weekend of February. And while looking for a photo of him to contribute to the weekend 3-way, I happened upon some random photos of Jacquie's girl and my girl.

Jacquie's youngest and my oldest are only 10 weeks apart, which means that Jacquie and I were pregnant at the same time, 30 of the requisite 40 weeks. But because she had done it once before, I asked all manner of annoying pregnancy-related questions, which must have driven her crazy. At least until I spent 12 weeks on bedrest, which she did not do thanks to her much more cooperative cervix.

But I completely digress. This post is about our girls. Unfortunately, they don't get together as much as they did when they were little, seeing as they no longer live in the same neighborhood, do not go to the same school, or even participate in the same sports (karate and dance are sports, right?). Plus I only have my girl half time, which can make scheduling outings a bit complicated.

BUT, that's all really bullshit, and we just need to do a better job of getting them together, because, well, just look at them...

Remember this photo from Sunday?

They're so grown up!

Here they, less grown up, tyring to figure out how to tame the sea


And even younger, showing off thier amazing sense of style

Younger still, flouting their good manners

About the same age, and clearly thrilled to be at my girl's 3rd birthday party

And last, but definitely not least,

Here they are so very wee, thorougly enjoying the company of Mistah Schleckah

6 comments:

misses the toddler years in PA said...

why oh why do they have to grow up so fast?!

sweet photos...and enough with the BULLSHIT excuses :-)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh. My. God. Our girrrrrrrrrls are so cuuuuuuuuuuuute! Those bellies in the pink leotards? I die.

Thanks for the adorable trip down memory lane!! And thank you for not posting pregnancy photos.

Remember that time we got together for a pre-arranged and highly controversial pregnancy beer? And my boy tried to ruin our fun by getting all grabby with a cactus?

Good times :)

Jacquie

Pat said...

how cute!!!!
can't stand that they grow so fast5.
Love, Nonnie

p.s. and girlfriends are still the best--even at 66 or 42 or 9 or 90.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Love! Oh how I love. What a great trip backwards, Beth. Love those two, with their tiny -- I mean giant -- pink guts. I *love* the last photo, and Jacquie's girl's expression: "Yo, A, that's *my* Uncle Schleckah. Hands off, yo."

Awesome, yo. Love.

xxEllie

Mistah Schleckah said...

I love this! I want to go back in time and space and be with my little friends in sunny San Diego!

Mom c. said...

How cute are those two? Great post Beth. Mom C