Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lap of luxury

My husband and I just went on a quick, quite unexpected vacation. Accommodations and food were all paid for, and my mother graciously agreed to watch the kiddos while we got away; all we had to do was get ourselves there and back, which we did, albeit flying in and out of Tijuana for the lower price last-minute tickets.

It was well worth it. I mean,who doesn't enjoy an almost free vacation in sunny Mexico?

Probably someone, people can be funny about Mexico, but I love the place. It's got such amazing coastlines, warm people, great food, blah, blah, blah. It's also got some fine resorts. They may look uninspiring from the road, but once you pull up to that valet, once you've really arrived, they are typically amazing.

Call me unsophisticated if you must, but I just love it when you walk into your hotel suite to find this kind-of swag:

Your very own slippers

and thick, cotton robe.

Nothing but the finest reading material, of course,

as well as the finest in toiletries.

Your papel hygenico is all wrapped up like a present!

Right below the mandatory bathroom phone.

And then there's the glory of the magic cubby

that is silently graced with fresh fruit, pastries, and coffee every morning, before you even open your eyes.

And when you order more fruit to accompany the morning treats, this is how it arrives


Now, I realize that this is all completely unnecessary, but, damn, is it nice!

4 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Oh, that looks like Heaven! Love the toiletries basket!

Pat said...

So glad it all worked out...you deserve it!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That is beyond awesome. LOVE!

xoxox

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ho. My. Gah. May I please go? I'm drooling over that Mexican coffee and grapefruit. I love that magical country, diverse and wack as it is. What a treat for you!

And I love the reading material. Yay Mai-Tai! And yay toiletries!

And now may I please have some of that coffee?

*Love.*

Ellie