Monday, June 13, 2022

The Anti-Dust Bowl

 It was a week. 

Mom would have been proud, and I'm quite sure of that.

We finished clearing out Mom and Dad's place, and it was emotional and exhausting and has taken me all weekend to recover.

I drank approximately 75 gallons of wine, too, but that's not important right now.

In the meantime, Mistah and I can't keep up -- *nobody* can keep up -- with all that is growing out there in the Field and in the World, but who cares, really. I'd rather have this absurd amount of green growing than what the poor Joads* had to go through during the Dust Bowl years.

*I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath**

** for the first time ever***

***I know, right? It's awesome.

Anyway, here it is green. And here are some photos of the green side of things. The other side of that green wall has purple and orange and yellow and white and red.****

****You'll have to trust me on that one.

The new tree is happy.

Oooh, here's some color! Of the sugar snap pea variety . . .  

And here's some more . . .  

. . . compliments of Lydia and Sebastian at the Dutch.

And here is our absurdly awesome Nancy orchid.

And let me tell you this, my people . . .  

. . .  keep your eyes on Cacti Corey.

Talk about ready to Bust Loose . . . 

No comments: