it has come to my attention that:
1. My almost 3-year old girl is funny. Two examples from yesterday: on the long drive home from Flagstaff she asked to play with my phone. I handed it to her, and while she was thwarted in her attempt to open an app she exclaimed, "C'mon!" in a loud and disgusted tone of voice. Second, while getting into her jammies last night, she was not satisfied with the height to which I pulled her pants up. As she pulled them up as high as they would go, up past her navel (and I was just about to say she looked like a funny old man), she told me that she wanted to wear them in this fashion to be like a princess. I was about to correct her, when she looked at me and said, "Jasmine, Mommy!" True dat.
2. It never fails that when you return home from a vacation you have the intense need to clean your house. Whether hotel or home stay, my house always feels in need of a good scrub down upon my arrival home. Other people's homes are on display when you are visiting, so probably look better than they normally do, and I tend to just make it out the door in time for my departure, so my house is left less than picked up, but still. It's depressing.
3. I am addicted to Pinterest.
4. Julie is coming to San Diego. This week!
5. Life as I know it is ending tomorrow. Last night was my funny girl's (see above) last night using a pacifier. The next few nights are going to be brutal. For everyone involved. See you on the other side.
6. Zip lines are not as scary as the look.
7. I could live in a city much smaller than this one and be quite happy.