Friday, April 25, 2014

doppelganger

Remember that day in Phoenix when we were enjoying some outdoor activities and clicking our heels? After spectating at the bride and groom to be's kickball game, we walked across the big park to spectate the groom playing flag football. It was a pretty day, it was a pretty park, and we had nothing but time. My girl and I meandered along, generally keeping pace with some people we'd recently met, and whom we suspected might actually know where we were going. 

My girl was sort of flipping and twirling around, as she does. I was probably checking my phone, checking out the park, being my usual distracted self. I looked up and was surprised to see that my girl had ventured waaay ahead and was climbing up a goal post. Neither of those actions would be alarming in her natural habitat, surrounded by friends and on familiar turf, but here in Arizona while hanging out with a bunch of grown ups, it was surprising. I said to the person walking next to me: "whuh?" 

When she responded with her own "what?" I turned to see that the person walking next to me, also watching my girl up on the goal post, was my girl. 

mind. blown. 



Seriously. This was a totally random encounter! Everything about these two girls was eerily similar. It freaked me right the frack out. Look at them.

LOOK AT THEM!


4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I still can't quite get over this. That it was a random encounter, but also that she *is* your girl. It's beyond freaky, man. It's also quite entirely awesome.

That is one crazy park.

Ellie

Beth said...

Ok, seriously? Right down to their shoes? How fun, and funny, and super freaky, yah!

Love your flipping and twirling girl and your distracted self.

xoxoxo,
Beth

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

WOAH.

Anonymous said...

Love it, incredible, altho a certain one is much cuter..... xo mom