Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cowabunga

So, in my last post, I showed you some of the verdant flora of Costa Rica - green things growing on any and all static surfaces. Today I'd like to share with you some of the very unique fauna I saw while in Costa Rica.

I know, I know, who really wants to look at some other schmuck's vacation photos? But just humor me, you've probably not seen these critters before either. I mean, people travel to Costa Rica just to view its varied wildlife, you may as well take a look. (I'm not entirely sure they come back with photos like mine, but it's possible.)

Two of the more rare animals I spotted were in the Arenal volcano region. There was a beautiful swan (which I did not know were endemic to the area):


And a fierce cobra:


In the capital city of San Jose my boyfriend and I were amazed at the variety of bovine specimens we saw:

Cowberator


Holy cow


Just plain scary circus cow



Sacred cow (Dairy lama)




Do these shoes make my calves look big?



And the cow jumped over the....
OR
Cows have the best grass

Decalfeinated


He won't buy the cow if he gets the milk for free



Moover and a shaker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Beth! What silly whimsical peeps those Costa Ricans are.

Hmmm. I feel like having a cheeseburger.

Anonymous said...

how cool! reminds me of the pigs in seattle....

NucMEd is Hot said...

Nice use of the word endemic. Who ever says that enough! ;)