Monday, October 18, 2021

Do You Enjoy Knives?

 First of all, here's how it looks around here . . . 

The First glimpses of Fall . . . 

. . . Steven's house . . .  

. . . planting tulips . . . 

. . . and changing things up.

And Second of all, here's a Heartwarming Story.

A week or a month or two months ago, I dropped a knife on our kitchen floor. Our beloved 8" Chef's Knife, which we got for our wedding approximately one million years ago, fell right down, and the blade broke right in two.

It sat in pieces on our dining room table through all the weeks of all the things, then the other day we -- and by we I mean Mistah -- was trying to chop a neighborly-donated pumpkin into pieces to roast and we didn't have the proper tool and I got motivated to finally replace the knife.

I went to the Henkel site to buy a new one but the "warranty" section caught my eye. From the looks of it, Henckel guaranteed the life of their knives as long as the owners had said knives.

Hmmmmm, I thought. Could it be?

So I called them.

A lovely and delightful customer service person answered the phone and I told her the whole story and she said, 

"Well, since it's been over one year . . . "

"It *has* been over one year . .  It's been twenty-nine years this past weekend . . . " I replied. We both chortled.

"Well, congratulations! But anyway, since it's been over one year, you need to fill out a form and send it back with the broken knife and we'll assess the situation. But first email a photo of the broken knife."

And so I did.

They emailed back and said "we'll send you a new knife."

"But do I still need to send in the old knife?"

"Dispose of the new knife; we'll send you a new one. It will take two- to four-weeks."

I know, right?!

And then I got an alert from UPS saying it would arrive the next day.

Twenty-nine years . . . 

. . . and one day later . . . 

. . . we've got ourselves a new beauty.

Want to see me chop garlic and habañeros?

Because I could do this all day long . . . 

The best customer service, the best knife, and the best result.

And yes I do, Harold. I do enjoy knives.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love this! Congrats on your new knife...atta girl....
love you...
xoxo