Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Never See This Stuff Coming.....

Even after traveling 7-1/2 years in our 1987 VW "Westy", we never know what to expect.

Sunday I'm swimming with my niece in the Pacific Ocean, near San Diego.

Well, mostly I'm trying to avoid strangulation by a 6-year-old's deathgrip.

Monday night I'm camping under the stars in the Anza-Borrego Desert.

Tuesday I'm witnessing a breathtaking sunset in a saguaro valley in southern Arizona.

Wednesday I'm getting drunk in the author Chuck Bowden's "green prozac" garden in Tucson.

Thursday our Westy voids her transmission fluid all over Highway 19 in Nogales, Arizona....

...and for the first time in 7-1/2 years on the road, we buy a hotel room. Some guy in L.A. has to rebuild a torque converter for us.

On Friday we find out the part won't get to Nogales until at least Tuesday. We're going to be here a while....


At least there's a pool.....

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

absolute fucking perfection.

Me

Missy Kroeger said...

Yeah...you're life really sucks! I'm jealous :")

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't trade it for anything...