Monday, February 21, 2011

Americana

Happy Presidents' day to one and all!

What could be more American day than Presidents' day, right? The fourth of July? Well, maybe. Apple pie? Perhaps. Baseball? Hot dogs? Peanuts and crackerjacks? Um, I think some would make those arguments as well.

So  that's the ode-to-American angle I'll take this fine morning, as I find myself sitting here at work, like every other Monday morning, instead of at home getting ready to go out and spend the day undertaking some uber-American pursuit, worthy of the respect our current and past Presidents deserve.

I'm taking the baseball angle, hot dogs included. Even if it did occur last night and not on Presidents' day proper.

Remeber these guys?

Well, they invited our family over for dinner last night. They're currently adding a second story to their lovely home, so have had to suck it up and move themselves and their three beautiful daughters into a very small downtown condo.  (Just so you get a mental picture of "small," their toddler sleeps in the bathroom.)

But, this is the view from the living room

and this is the view from the 7th floor deck with barbecue area

 where you can grill your own American dogs


 then mosey over to these seats

and watch the game.

Beacuse really? Who needs the crowd. (Thanks J&J!)

7 comments:

has spring training fever in PA said...

I'm confused...you have friends that live at the ballpark? And are adding another story to that said ballpark?
Can I come??

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hmm, yes, that was confusing, sorry about that, I tried to remedy it... They have temporarily moved into a downtown condo that overlooks the ballpark. Not bad, eh?

needs Vitamin D in PA said...

Not bad at all!
I'd even be willing to nap in the bathroom :-)
Thanks for clearing that up...lack of sunshine messes with my head!
(today was supposed to be a snow make-up day and it SNOWED so school ended up being cancelled AGAIN!)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh. My. God. I'm salivating. And hyper-ventillating. Can they adopt me? Please?

That is one rocking-ass condo.

Swoon.

Ellie

Pat said...

oh, I am so ready for baseball!
Spring training starts on Sunday--can't wait.
Love,Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I was *waiting* for you to chime in, Pat -- I knew you'd love this.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

What a cool place! Terrible timing to be moving out just as the season gets underway, but I'm sure they'll be thrilled to get home.

Jacquie