Monday, November 12, 2018

Jacqueline Festival

My Mom posted a photo yesterday and said, "Me and half my girls."

Jacquie, in her inimitable way, commented, "You can say A-list mom, the other 3 know where they stand."

"They stand in the deep, dark, murky mire," I concurred. 

"Oh hush," replied Mom, "I’m so lucky to have six A listers."

And that is all you need to know about Mom.

She's nice.

The rest of us? 

Not so much.

But man, was it fun to be with some fellow A-Listers this past weekend.

It was early; give us a break.

Wait a minute . . . that's not this weekend! Oh, that's from Asheville in June. There we are again. Coincidence? I don't THINK so.

Okay okay. Kidding. Mom's right. We're all A-Listers. I mean, see for yourself:

Jacquie is self-described "95% diaper"

ANYway. Other people besides us were around this weekend, too.

My girl Nancy? Delightfully in da house.

Okay, yeah, it was mostly us.

And why not? It was, after all, Jacqueline-Festival.

But wait. Look who else we got to see, earlier that selfsame day  . . .

Cousins!!

Oh our glorious cousins.

And oh, this glorious girl. My past self fashionista. She was a big part of the weekend. Don't even try to choose your favorite part because the tiekneesocksbangscurlstoofusshoesbeethoven are all going to win.

But anyway. Back to the celebrations.

 These friends added to the fun too.

Shot Bars make everything more fun.

And Amy sent these, entitled "Debate". 
I prefer "Never-ending Book Discussion".

But mostly, Jacquie-Fest was a lot of this:

We don't get to see this kid very often and she was here and we celebrated.

Are you sure I don't have something in my teeth?

And there was one whole hell of a lot of this:

Miss you already, dude.

See you in June.

And welcome to the Fifth Floor.

5 comments:

mom said...

This is so awesome Ellie, what an amazing week-end. Can't believe how much we squeezed in in a few short days...loved every minute...
mom

Jacquie said...

Ahhhh, this is so good! I really love the title ;) and all the happy, huggy, hungry, thirsty, love-festers!! What an amazing weekend, I'm so smug about how perfectly it all worked out. You people complete me. Thank you for doing all the things and being all the things and having all the things. I heart you.

xoxoxoxxoxo forevah

Jacquie

B-List Sist said...

so glad you A-listers had such a great visit (we all know what the A really stands for)

A Team said...

(we also know what the B stands for)

Beth said...

Love it! I look forward to seeing two A-listers and one B-lister next week! Get ready, J!

xoxo
Beth