Monday, November 5, 2018

We've Got the Sun in the Morning and the Moon at Night . . .

The sun in the morning has been beautiful around here -- when it's not raining.

And the moon at night?

When it's not raining?

She's been beautiful, too.

It's really boring and dumb when people talk about their dreams, and I hate when dreams play a big part in novels, but, well, I had a dream last night that I was walking barefoot (even in my dreams, Mom) on coral and said something about the moon to the guy I was following behind and he said, "You know what phase the moon is in?" and I said, "Of course I know what phase the moon is in."

It's a Waning Crescent, dude.

. . . And the thing about a Waning Crescent, the last phase before a New Moon . . . ?

. . . you can see the whole moon, with just that tiny slice illuminated.

And that, my friends, is why the moon is so cool.

But you don't need me to tell you that.

By the way, Mistah did this moon photo shoot at 4 in the morning this past weekend. So I, personally, would like to thank Mistah's prodigious insomnia for these illuminating photos. Ha.

And in the morning? Well, Mistah takes those shots, too.

You know the words to the ol' ditty . . .

We've got the sun in the morning and the moon at night . . .  

And for both those Forces of Nature, I am ever grateful.

No comments: