Monday, December 2, 2019

The T-Day

Now that was a self-respecting weekend.

We were so happy to have this kid with us this weekend . . .

. . . and this kid too.

But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Shall I start from the top? And give a quick, one-word-each chronological Thanksgiving-in-Photos?

Let's do it.

Prepping.

Snacks.

BigCacti.

Dawnie.

Vulcan.

BestGuestsEver*

*Okay. I've changed my mind about this whole one-word business. Let's be reasonable, people. Let's go with two words. Or maybe even three ...

Turkey Carving.

(Yes. I have approximately two skills on this planet and one of them is Mad Carving Skillz. I know.)

Welcome . . .

Paydirt.

Soup Victory.

The next day.

Dutch Luncheon . . .

. . . best lighting in New London . . .

. . . Ma Peeps.

And then . . .

Art Shopping . . .

. . . combined with Art Buying . . .

. . . combined with shenanigans . . .

. . . combined with uncle-and-niecie-poo-cuteness.

. . . combined with mom-and-dad-cuteness . . .

. . . combined with getting a lot of time with these knuckleheads all weekend . . .

 Photo by MB.

. . . And what a weekend it was.



This was a tough one for our family -- for my sister. We here on the East Coast had a lot of fun while also being fully aware and fully cognizant and fully empathetic and fully heartbroken.

I'm personally so thankful for my rock solid beautiful mom and my eldest kickass sister and that they trekked up to New London to be with us.

I hope you guys all did okay. I'm thankful for the good stuff.

Peace out.

1 comment:

mom said...

Beautiful post Ellie, a beautiful day, a beautiful turkey dinner, all good.
We talked about Jacquie and James and Dad and how lucky we all are to be part of this awesome family....
xoxoxo