Monday, July 13, 2020

The Vineyard

For the last few years, I've been working to isolate and cultivate a wild patch of grapevines on the edge of the Field.

For obvious reasons.

Grape Leaves.

I'm very proud of my work, and very excited to make Wada some day although I refuse to do so without my Mom and sisters.

In the meantime, though, something happened this year that has never happened before.

We got grapes.

Lots of grapes.

Many loads of grapes.

Grapes! From grapevines! Imagine that.

And in the other meantime, Mistah and I were doing our daily circuit around The Field and he said, "Look!"

I looked.

Another patch of wild grapevines has grown up the weed tree, across the inside of its canopy of leaves, and down the other side . . .

(I love this photo)

 . . . and now hangs down from the tree into the air above the Field like nobody's business.

It's kind of the best thing in the world and reminds me about how deeply and intensely we're not in charge of anything out there.

So we applauded the intrepid grapes and sat down in our Field . . .

. . . and enjoyed the rest of the show.