Monday, October 5, 2020

The Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday to Mom! . . . 

Our Mom. She is not only incredible and fun and smart and lovely and accomplished and loyal and so very deeply supportive . . . 

. . . but also? We get to see her today.

Aren't we lucky?

Five years ago Mom's birthday celebration was One For The Ages.

What a Time we had . . . 

I mean, what a party.

This year, alas, things are a little different.

But today is today -- today! -- and we are going to celebrate Mom like crazy . . . 

. . . this Mom . . .  

. . . this woman . . .

. . . this bride . . . 

. . .  look at that bride! . . .

. . . this gorgeous girl . . . 

. . . this mother . . . 

. . . this sister . . . 

 (my personal fave) 

. . .  I know, my sisters, I know . . .    

. . . this matriarch.

We lost Dad 10 years ago. They were such a team, Mom and Dad. 
Such partners, such a united front.

But Mom has done nothing but rocked it ever since.

I think her grandbabies have helped.

Yeah, these guys.

Yep, them.

But hey. Mom wouldn't be Mom without us, now would she?

We love you, Birthday Girl.

Let's celebrate.

4 comments:

mom said...

Oh, Ellie, thank you. What a lovely tribute....tears in my coffee, lol...
Can't wait to see my locals today.
Wow.....
love you...
mom

Anonymous said...

Well done, Ellie. You captured the essence of our incredible, beautiful mamasan. We are so lucky. Jane

Kathy P said...

Love love love to you all and the amazing Aunt Ellen! ❤️❤️❤️

Dawnie said...

Moms are the best. So glad you cherish yours the way you do. Happy birthday, Ellen <3