Thursday, May 7, 2009

Shep's

It was a beautiful spring day in Connecticut.

A perfect day to drive downstate.


A serendipitous opportunity to visit Shep's in Guilford.

Shep’s – like The Dutch – is one of only about 10 genuine, licensed Taverns in Connecticut. Beer, wine and cider – and food – only.

It was a timely chance to get a beer and watch the end of the Mets game at a fellow Tavern before heading down to Mom and Dad's.

We weren't the only ones who had the same idea that day.
.
This is Bob. And this is Bob. They're both Bob.
.
Bob, apparently, thinks he's human. Both Bobs think they're human.

Bob the master told us Bob has refined tastes. He'd had swordfish for lunch.
.
I spilled popcorn on the floor and Bill told Bob, “Bob's going to have to clean this up for us.”

Bob said, “Bob doesn't eat off the floor.” And he didn't.

Just another day at Shep's.

9 comments:

Hsin-Yi said...

Bob (the dog) is pretty darn cute. I love bars where you can bring your dog. Mine does eat off the floor, but she doesn't like beer. Silly thing.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That is funny. But c'mon, why have a dog if he won't clean up the floor? That's one of their only, I mean many, good qualities....

I wonder if Bob has neuticals? I wouldn't be surprised.

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Bob the dog has better manners than I do! Has he never heard of the five second rule?? Total crack up

jacquie

Nancy said...

I love that dark haired Bob! I'd even let him pick me up in a bar =)

xup said...

Seeing the Westie reminds me of a post a fellow blogger did bemoaning the fact that she used to have to travel in her husband’s old VW van and how, thank god, those days were over. I gave her a little hell and told her about your blog saying I hoped they’d hung on to that van. She was horrified at the very idea. Anyway, I thought since I linked your blog over there, I’d link her blog over here: http://travelswithlovelyprism.blogspot.com/2009/04/traveling-in-style.html

Lola said...

OMG!!! I love both Bobs! I wish I could bring my dogs to a bar. They'd totally eat off the floor all day long and then curl up in each other's paws ;)

Springer Kneeblood said...

Both Bobs seem like nice company, but what appeals to me most is the fact that the place is part of what makes them appealing. I hate that there are only 10 real taverns left (and that was almost 7years ago). I want to visit Dutch Tavern and the rest of them. They seem like my kind of places (though I do have to admit to enjoying a single malt scotch or a gin & tonic on occasion).

Captain Dumbass said...

Bob looks like some... one you'd like to share a beer with.

Anonymous said...

Our Bob aka Handsome likes to eat off the floor... he takes it from the bowl, to the floor and then eats it.

I'm confused... which of your Bobs eats from the floor.

Great looking bar by the way!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal