Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ten word Tuesday: Fortune cookie


A fortuneless fortune cookie? Is it good will or ill?
-------------------------------------------------
When I showed my empty cookie to my coworker, she suggested I carefully look both ways before crossing the street. My husband assured me it was good luck. But so far, in my experience, what it signifies is that you'll lock yourself out of work, repeatedly. I locked myself out of my office when I stepped out to use the restroom on Friday, the day I received the fortuneless fortune cookie, and then AGAIN, this morning, because my work key was on my other set of car keys. Both times no one else was in the office or expected in anytime soon, so it involved having to drive far and wide before re-entry.

Next time I grab a fortune cookie I'm really hoping there's a fortune inside, even if it says: THAT WASN’T CHICKEN.

Or this one, which makes me giggle every time: MAN WITH HAND IN POCKET, FEEL COCKY.

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

When a fortune cookie has no fortune, it's a cookie.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ah, Ellie, you so wise.

But that is so not what the packaging tells me.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I'd rather have an empty cookie than a full diaper.

Oh my God, it took me all day to think of that. I hope you're all snuggled up in bed by now, so that by the time you read this it will be Wednesday the 27th and I can say HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BETH!

xoxo
Jacquie

Hsin-Yi said...

If an empty cookie means good luck, what does it mean when you get 2 fortunes in 1 cookie?

Being locked out may have been a pain, but technically you had to work less hours, so that should be a plus!