Monday, July 16, 2018

High Alert

The World Cup is over.

I'm not even a soccer fan but man, did I have World Cup Fever. I loved the group stage and I loved the drama of the knock-out stage and I loved the Senegal coach and I loved Mbappe and I loved the athleticism and grace of those beautiful, beautiful men. My poor little Croatian friends lost yesterday -- there goes my five bucks -- but Mistah's lovely Frenchies won in commanding style so at least I got a drink out of it.

So now what do we do?

The World Cup is over. It's baseball's All-Star break. Wimbledon is over. Sailfest is over.

So now what do we do?

I'll tell you what we do.

We go to the beach. We embrace the second half of this glorious Summer.

And we go on Cacti Corey High Alert.

Blossom #1

Blossoms #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9

Please be comforted to know that I will keep you duly apprised of her progress.

Happy Summer Part 2!

1 comment:

mom said...

You two are experts at growing things, Corey Cacti is so amazing....a cactus!! who knew??
enjoy these long, summer days..best time of year....
love you...
mom