Monday, March 22, 2021

Four Things

Happy Spring!

That's not the First Thing. The First Thing is when I talk to My Girl Nancy every week -- with all the random and sundry peanut gallery denizens in the background trying to shanghai the conversation -- we always talk about food and what we've made and what we've eaten over the weekend.

I really need to take more photos of food. Actually, I really need to have Mistah take more photos of food.

But I can give you these two things from this past long weekend:

Mistah's deviled eggs -- he channels Mumsie . . . 

 . . . and Mistah's "Cassoulet." I know. I know.

They were both just as good as they look.

(I also made pretty great food during our mini five-days-off vaca too. But photos? Nope.)

Second Thing.

This happened.

Wouldn't you love to be flying about the Earth like this guy? I certainly would.

The Mulberry Tree, you ask? . . . 

. . . she survived . . . 

. . . and like we do, Vincent van Gogh loved a Mulberry.

Third Thing.

The men's NCAA Tournament. Holy Moses the upsets. I'm sorry for everybody who is stuggling with losing; losing is hard. But man, I love an upset. I mean, I didn't love the UConn men's upset, but still. What a roller coaster ride it's been . . . 

photo cred: the internet

And in the meantime, the UConn women are phenomenal.

Fourth Thing . . . 

Have you gotten your vaccine?

I love to hear all the stories of everybody's shot, and how everybody's arms -- and lymph nodes -- felt afterward. Mine were both sore, thankyouverymuch. And then progressed to be not sore at all.

We are getting there, people.

And Fifth Thing. . . (ha)

Spring has sprung, my friends. The temperature is rising, the bulbs are rearing their wee heads, and the hugs are imminent. 

And they are going to be Epic.


No comments: