Monday, March 15, 2021

Driving Leprechauns

As you may or may not know, I love a parade.

Well, I love one parade. I love the New London St. Patrick's Day Parade.

I loved it in 2019 and in 2018 and in 2017 and in 2016 and in 2015 and in 2014 and in 2013 and in 2012 and in 2011 and in 2010 and in 2009 and Holy Moses apparently I do love a parade.

The parade was canceled last year, as was the rest of the world and and the civilization therein. This year's rendition was a Car Parade which meant we got to gather in the Field and walk right down the street to watch the assorted leprechauns drive by in their autos.

We had a ball.

Except for the convertibles that had their tops up -- why? why? -- it was an amazing and rare gathering of friends for an Event. Imagine that. We went to an Event!

We were, to put it mildly, a motley crew.

But we a motley crew who well near had our own dang parade.

The best part was when the fire truck put its lights and sirens on and busted a move. We waved madly until we realized that they were actually busting a move to go on a real-life call . . . 

Kat called out "Best in Show" for this guy . . . 

. . . but this was my personal favorite.

I don't know; you tell me. A cow? A possum?

Convertible top down. Thank you.

New London's own Coasties.

Cool lid, dude. Plus, love the flags. ¡Viva!

The Grand Marshal.


The Previous Grand Marshal.

The Grandiose Friends.

Oh, our grandiose friends.

Our glorious grandiose friends.

We are the luckiest.

It was so cool . . . 

. . . it was such fun . . . 

. . . and we were proud to be on the sidelines, waving madly and furiously with job.


And the day was just getting started.

Sláinte, friends.

And hey. Beware the Ides of March.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I glad you had a good time. The St Patrick's Day Parade committee just wanted to put smiles on faces.

Joan said...

Loved the pics and the narration. Glad you guys enjoyed it so much - wish I were there! I laughed out loud when I read that you were waving excitedly at the fire trucks going on a call. Hysterical. :) :) :)
SILJNB