Sunday, May 4, 2008

Glad Rags

We got invited to a fancy-schmancy party at the Paisano Hotel in Marfa Texas last night.

It’s a really cool place. It was built in 1930, and its claim to fame is Elizabeth Taylor, James Dean and Rock Hudson stayed there while "Giant" was filmed in Marfa in 1955. For what that’s worth.

We got ourselves all dolled up.

I braided Mistah Schleckah’s hair...
.
…and he wore the new bolo tie he got in Nogales... on the Mexico side.

We wiped our feet....

And headed on in.


The place was full of gorgeous friends, looking gorgeous. It was a great crowd.

And the food was delish – creamcheese-stuffed jalapeños, wrapped in bacon (which Schleckah gorged himself on). Falafel balls, cheese & crack, fruit, mozzarella/tomato/basil skewers. Yum.

The wine flowed:

Whew. How it flowed. Streams and brooks and creeks and rivers worth.

The band was fabulous:


Look at that horn section!

Mistah and I danced the night away.

Actually, I danced with anybody who’d have me.

Our hosts were the absolute epitome of graciousness.


Things got very silly by the end of the night.

And the best thing? We walked “home,” to Westy's perfect little campsite, in front of our friend Elizabeth’s house.

It was an awesome night. Today's a Day of Rest and Recovery. Did I mention the wine?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

what fun! you two look divine - great dress, El - and great boobs! Love Mistah's braid and bolo - did I not suggest that here when you first heard about the party? Seems like a million years ago.

JS said...

Hot damn! You two look like you're having a blast. I like Mistah's braids...one day, my hair will be long enough so that I have long, grey braids.

I'll not comment on the boobs, as jacquie so crassly did, because it's not appropriate for me have even noticed their prominence in the photos, much less how great, as she says, they are.

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm really starting to like this AKA John guy...

Anonymous said...

Snazzy! You guys *do* look marvelous, even if you completely ignore the boobs (which people are obviously having a hard time doing).

Anonymous said...

LOL. I had no idea my boobs would be so famous. So, um, prominent. I have got to wear that dress more often...

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! And your loveliness makes me reconsider posting real-life pictures of myself, except that I don't look anything like you so I'll just stick with cartoon "me".

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? We created this blog so I could post photos of myself. Kidding. Plus, your cartoon self is adorable. And chic. And very very small.

Unknown said...

Well, I suppose I could check that little box that promises to email follow-up comments to my email.

But then we couldn't play BLOGGER COMMENT TAG! which seems to require checking my blog and/or feeds 50 million times a day.

Not that I have a problem with that. It's way better than HOUSEWIFE LAUNDRY MONOPOLY or HIDE AND SEEK WITH DUSTBUNNIES.

Anonymous said...

50 million times a day is a good, modest, sane number of times to play Blogger Comment Tag. Really. You're good. You're fine. No worries.