1. Several years ago, my husband’s whole family came for Thanksgiving and I didn’t have enough wine glasses so I went to Ikea and bought a shitload. They are perfectly lovely, but they wont die. Now I really, really want to go stemless but I can’t justify the purchase when I still have 12 of those mo-fos in my cupboard. Compounding the issue is the fact that I compulsively steal pint glasses emblazoned with logos of local sports teams, and they fill up the next shelf down. Why don’t my glasses ever break? I might have to start “dropping” them on the sly.
2. In the car yesterday, my girl was pontificating about the difference between the peso and the dollar. My boy contributed to the conversation by saying: “I miss that gyro sandwich.” Huh? He explained that the talk of pesos had reminded him of his friend’s recent trip to Ireland and the Euro he had brought home for my boy. Euro.. gyro.
3. This summer, my husband took to frequenting hotel pools with our children. Although I did not involve myself in this questionable practice, I wound up having to answer for it. I took the kids for eye exams one day, and when the doctor asked them what they’d been up to all summer, they forgot about the beach, Connecticut, the water park, and the new damned puppy. They told the man that they had “mostly just sneaked into hotel pools.”
4. Our puppy weighs just over 30 pounds now, and can reach her paws up to the kitchen counter. She’ll clean your plate if you leave it unattended at the table. We found all of her bully sticks buried in a planter.
A better blogger would surely put the brown back into her eyeballs
5. Also last weekend, on a gorgeously sunny Saturday afternoon, someone made me go ice skating. It was so much more fun than I expected! I wish I had a photo of my girl with her pink jeans and white hoodie and tan face and indignant scowl.
6. We went to the Brazil days festival last weekend. Brazilians have more fun.
7. My kids want to know why there are so many idiots on the road whenever I’m driving.
8. Remember my rant about how the stupid San Diego police cruisers all had half backwards flag stickers? Mary got to the bottom of it:
So, um, nevermind.
9. My girl said that she thinks I’m really cute. She said that I would be cute even if I lost my front teeth. Give mommy the baseball bat, honey.
10. Guess there’s only nine.
Anyone have any fun weekend plans?