Monday, August 23, 2010

There Was A Bride . . .

There was a bride . . .

Oh, there was a lovely bride . . .

. . . and there was a groom . . .

. . . there was a dramatic, fabulous, applause-inducing entrance . . .

. . . and a gorgeous setting.

There was a beautiful ceremony . . .

. . . and there were beautiful guests . . .

. . . so many lovely beautiful guests.

There were gorgeous bridesmaids . . .

. . . and gorgeous puppeteers . . .

. . . and a blue moose head under which tie-adjusting could take place.

Ties? Oh, there were ties. But we'll save those for a later date . . .

There was silliness . . .

. . . and friends. Lots of friends. Lots of friends who looked spectacular.

There were boy friends . . .

. . . and there were girl friends.

. . . girl friends who flocked around the groom.

There was a handsome date . . .

. . . handsome dates for me and my favorite puppeteer . . .

. . . and there was my girl Jennie.

There was the lovely Jilly and the lovely Jennie in their lovely dresses . . .

. . . oh how the loveliness abounded that day.

There was a Westy . . .

. . . and there was a bride in the Westy.

There were flowers . . .

. . . and there were children . . .

But mostly . . .

. . . there was Marital Bliss.

6 comments:

Lisa S said...

So beautiful! Can't wait to see each and every one of these fabulous people next week.

Springer Kneeblood said...

You've just about convinced me. Wouldn't it be cool to surprise my wife next year, on our 31st anniversary, if I were to arrange a repeat wedding, just to show her I'd do it all over again? Maybe I will! I like the promise of weddings, too.

Loree Bourgoin said...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. I'm so happy for Dave & Jill!! XO

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Okay, Jennie's dress? FABULOUS!

You're looking pretty damn good yourself too, El! And Mistah as well.

Looks like a great time was had by all.

And Springer? I think you should. My husband's siblings set it up for their oldest brother's 20th anniversary this past July. He and his wife/bride LOVED it. Even if it was not their idea ;-)

xo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Looks like a lovely day, glad the rain waited!

xo

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

Sweet. And very beautiful -- everybody! And it's way cool how the Mistah's tie matches the blue moose.