Monday, August 16, 2010

Wtf Monday

Life is funny, isn't it? Well, not always. Sometimes it's just sad and crappy, but mostly it's good and full of surprises.

So many little things make me laugh these days. Silly things really.

Take for example the email I got from Martin Rios last week. He was responding to a craigslist posting for our boat, which is for sale. We included photos in our post, one of which as this one:

Martin was not to be outdone. Martin sent an email with photos too, which asked simply: "Wanna trade. She runs good."


No Martin, but thanks for thinking of us. lol. (Wtf?)
Or what about exhibit 2...
I ordered a sleep sack for my youngest a few weeks ago. She still likes to sleep in these, but she's busting out of the few she has.
I ordered the 18 - 24 month size, because she's wearing 18-month size clothes now, and I didn't want to have to replace it too soon.
Boy, was that not something I should have been concerned about.
This is what arrived in the mail:

She is 6, people. It almost fits her. 18 months?!

Look at that ridiculousness. Is this really the next size up?
Somebody's been smoking crack.

Exhibit #3 is also related to shopping for children, sort-of. I came across this boy in the Hanna Anderson catalogue.
I don't remember birthing him, but good golly, does he not look like my baby's older brother?!

It's uncanny, isn't it?

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well, I think it's important to keep track of the children you birth. For insurance purposes and that sort of thing.

But maybe you can adopt him as your own -- you do, after all, have a sleep sack that will fit him...

Ellie

out of PA and into Boston said...

you made me laugh out loud and so Rod came over to see what was so funny...wish I had a picture of the face he made when he saw Cappi sitting on her new blanket/sleeper. Too funny!
I thought maybe Hap's kid was in the magazine. I turned on the HBO in our hotel last night to see final credit and the last thing was "In Memory of Hugh Alexander" small world, eh?!
Wonder what I can trade for that bitchin' car :)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow, that trade offer must be pretty tough to resist!

Admit it, the sleep sack is for YOU, isn't it? It does look cozy.

Hope you're having a great trip!

Jacquie