Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One more Saturday night

Do you remember my post, way back when? Back in January when I was hopeful that my complicated mail order ticket request would actually result in tickets for the 3-day, July 4th-weekend Grateful Dead shows in Chicago?

That I would received some bad ass tickets like these?

Well, I didn't.

Those are Mary Ann's, who I was almost certain would get tickets because her mail order envelope art work was so amazing.

Have fun, Ma!

BUT, the Jerry-less 2015 "Grateful Dead" pulled a sneaky move and managed to schedule two shows prior to their final ever Soldiers Field shows. Right here in California, where they should be!! Nothing against Chicago, but c'mon, the GD are a CA band. Yeah, yeah, they're an American band, but first and foremost, they're a California band, and it just feels so right to be seeing them in No Cal for the final time.

So, this week, this Saturday, early morning, Jacquie and I head up to take part in this:


Tickets arrived. It's on. It's real.

Actually this is not one of our tickets, so don't come visit us here.

The music, the people, the spectacle. It's all on tap this weekend. And I'm thinking uncle Merv will be serving up some tasty Dead 50 morsels next week.

Until then...

Hello baby, I'm gone, goodbye. Half a cup of rock and rye....

4 comments:

Pat said...

Have a great time!
Love,Mom

MB said...

Have a great time, you two. SO jealous! xo

jacquie said...

OMG I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S FINALLY HERE THANK YOU FOR TAKING ME!

deep breaths.

You see, I was rejected from the purchase of the CA show too, but my lovely girl Beth made good on our agreement to share the love. Yaaaaaaay!

xoxoxoxxo
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, what a lovely girl Beth you have, Jacqueline.

Have fun you two.

If they sing Ripple, can you please hit "record" on your personal device, anybody?

Love.

Ellie