Thursday, January 21, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different......

I was looking through photos on our shiny, fancy, external hard drive the other day, in my continued effort to organize and print and label photos, since I've resolved to do just that in 2010, and I came across so many cool, interesting and unusual ones from this past summer and fall, I just had to share them.

Look at the beautiful sunlight on our front porch in the summer. The lighting was so different then than it is now . . .

. . . well, everything's different now.

And Mister Dibble's creek? Also last summer?

Well now, it's the perfect snow-covered CHD field. Well, perfect if you're Dawnie and don't miss everytime, like I do now . . .

And just look at these clouds I found! But wait . . .

Look at these clouds I found.

Remember summer? Remember? Sigh.
.
Of course, Ocean Beach is still great now, too. Actually, this was in the fall. You can tell by those long legs shadows.

Aw, Mistah. May I take this opportunity to thank you for all these photos? This winter, last fall, last summer, the last 10, 15, 20 years or so? Thank you. Thank you very much.

The street outside the Tavern got paved in the fall, but before it was re-covered with black tar, the original cobblestones were unearthed. Looks like about 1890, doesn't it?

We had many silly times last summer, lots of which were documented for prosperity posterity, lots of which were not.

I re-discovered winter photos, too, from just a few weeks ago. They're pretty spectacular, too.

I'm not a fan of winter, and I never have been. But, hey, if it weren't for winter . . .

. . . how could we compare and contrast?

5 comments:

Logical Libby said...

Great pictures. I really love the beach ones.

I keep saying I am going to go through my hard drive and my boxes of photos (from olden days), but it just hasn't happened.

I need a personal assistant.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, there you are yelling at Owen in your mind's shower again!

And BETH - I finally got a good word verification!

"Rastr" = what they call peeps with dreadlocks in Boston.

And Ellie and Beth, you don't have to verify if you are signed in to da blog.

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

I love the chairs on the front porch -- that's a work of art!

Springer Kneeblood said...

I have to wonder why you have so many good photos? I find the excesses of quality of the photos on your blog patently offensive. Everyone should take picture like mine; minme appear on the screen like the rejected work of a bad amateur videographer after a hard night immersed in swirling alcohol and mud.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Dear Ellie,

I'm so sorry this comment is late. I read this post right away yesterday morning, and very much enjoyed it, but was then called away to some mundane work task. Harump.

I have to agree with XUP, that rocking chair photo, well, rocks. (Oh, and with Libby, that I need a personal assistant.)

And Jacquie, I love your word verification word and definition, and yes, I do not have the distinct pleasure of typing in a nonsensical word right now because I am, indeed, logged into da blog.