Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sparkling

I don't know when it happened. It seems like just yesterday it was summer and my birthday and the beach was warm and sunny and stayed warm, long after the sun went down. And now? All of a sudden? You need a sweatshirt for those late afternoons.
.
I will say this, though. The beach has been positively sparkling the last few weeks.
.
We were there on Sunday afternoon, and the water was, well, sparkling. Bill went swimming, but I didn't because I forgot my sweatshirt, naturally, and needed my dry towel to keep me warm.
.
While we were there we noticed -- when we deigned to look up from our books -- there was a regatta happening.

We took a shine to Sailboat 597.

Go 597!

Tack!

Do something!

Sigh. We didn't care, really. We were just glad ol' 597 and Ledgie got to visit.
.
And we just kept staring at the sparkling water . . .
.
There is a lot going on in this photo above . . .

See? On the left? Plum Island.

In the middle? A boat.

On the right? Peeps on the rocks.

Mistah sometimes takes photos of the sparkles themselves. That's when things really start to get fun.
.
But in the meantime . . .
.
. . . we just kept staring out at the water.
.
Sparkling.

7 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, so purdy! Seems like just yesterday you were waiting for it to get hot, and now it's gone! Inconceivable. A couple of cool, fall days sounds pretty good to me, we're having a major heat wave in these parts. I do love that our summer lasts from about April until well into November, but I'm pretty much over the 100 degree afternoons. Everyone is sticky and smelly. Especially me.

Jacquie

Unknown said...

Waaahhhh! I miss the ocean! I know Germany isn't technically land-locked, but it may as well be for all the water I get to see. Thanks for posting the pretties!

Anonymous said...

Those sparkles are mezmerizing...hypnotizing...did they draw you in? urging you ever so gently to follow them...follow them into the deep? Mwah-ha-ha

Captain Dumbass said...

That's some pretty sparkly water. We're actually 10 degrees above normal right now which is helping us to ease into fall.

living in a landlocked state said...

ahhh...the beauty of the Atlantic Ocean, and I'm tuck in landlocked PA.
thanks for sharing :)

Kat said...

Jealous!

When we are in SC we like to watch the shrimp trawlers out off the coast. They are magnificent.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Simply dazzeling!

Beth