Friday, July 17, 2009

Festering On...

Sailfest was a spectacular time, and way too much fun to be contained in one measly blog post.
.
Bring it on, peeps.
.
State Street was ready.
.
So was Bank Street.

So was Ma-dame, whose thighs I've always admired.

So was Wyland's whale.

We started Festering on Friday afternoon on our deck, after Mary Beth and Mark arrived.

And we continued downtown, all weekend long.

The throngs.

Jennie and Dawnie, conferring.

Miss Daphne.

It was Sailfest, after all.

A ferry passing through.

Training (ha!) at Ocean Beach on Saturday.

Sailfest would not be Sailfest without Ledgie.

I was extra-exuberant on Saturday night, having earlier hit my first-ever homerun at Champagne Park.

Downtown, in the thick of it.

The magical path to the roofdeck . . .

. . . and the magical boom-booms.

Sunday, back downtown. C'mon, boys. Smile!
.
(We would have photos of the killer breakfast I made Sunday morning, but the camera -- and Mistah's backpack -- spent the night at the Tavern. Some inanimate objects know how to have all the fun.)

Carlos, back in New London, where he belongs.

MB and Mark, in wonderland.

You've got to admire Mary Beth's consistency.

I get sneered at a lot.

The boys.

Aw, Jennie.

C'mon in! It's fun!

Late-night hooligans.

The party's over, kids . . .

. . . we'll see you next year.

10 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

A homerun you say?!? Well congratulations, Ellie.

Seeing as it happened when you all were festering, it didn't seem to get quite the attention it deserved...

Beth

MB said...

Great photos, Ellie & Bill! That was such a fun Fest. It took me a minute to understand my "consistency" comment. Then I saw my middle finger...

Thanks for a great time in New London,
MB

Captain Dumbass said...

Home run? Nice.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you threw in that beachy photo, otherwise this would look suspiciously like pubfest

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ah, that's hilarious! I could not figure out what made MB consistent, except that she's consistently adorable!

Can't wait to see you hosendorks.

Jacquie

Kathi D said...

You make me want to be there too.

Lisa S said...

Carlos is not the only one who belongs back in New London! Envious.

Hsin-Yi said...

It was one of the best SailFest's I've been too. Great people all around. Any Sunday spent on a deck over looking the music + Thames, drinking mimosas with great friends, and eating beef jerky + Thai food is a GREAT Sunday in my book!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Don't forget the 17 vodka/grapefruits: *my* personal new favorite drink.

Ellie

Lola said...

A homerun? Nice! Looks like another great time.