Monday, July 27, 2009

A Tale to Tell

I work in a bar.
.
I don't know if I've ever mentioned that.
.
Have I ever mentioned that?

It's a really great place. Really great. There are so very many great things about it.

One great thing is the lighting.

The lighting in the Tavern is a great and glorious thing.

Another great thing about the Tavern? It's a great place to tell a story.

If you've got a tale to tell . . .
.
. . . if you've got some dirt to dish . . .

. . . if you've got the lowdown to unload . . .
.
And especially if your friend Johnny Slips is in the equation? Well, the Tavern is the place for it.

"Okay let's get back to the story heah." (That's my Bayonne, New Jersey accent impersonation).

If you've got a tale to tell, and Johnny's in the house, and the sun is shining in, and you can sit down on the other side of the bar to tell your tale? The Tavern's the place to be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a tin ceiling? I love tin ceilings. That alone might make it a great place to work. (beats acoustic tile)

Kathi D said...

Wait, you work in a bar? Who knew???

Seriously. If I were anywhere near, I would be a regular. And I don't even drink, hardly.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

And don't forget the GREAT bar keeps!

Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You are so stinking adorable! I'd so love to sit at that bar and yak with you. I miss you, girlfriend! I wish I could see you, say... next WEEK?!!!

YeeeeeehAAAAAAAAAAAAw!

J

Hsin-Yi said...

The Dutch is a lovely place, filled with lovely people! Though I think I'm gonna have to lay off the white wine and stick to beer.

Lola said...

The lighting in spectacular!