Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh, That Westy Love

Westy Love? Oh, we got Westy Love.

First there was one:

Our Westy '87. Joined the family in August 2000. And went straight to the Florida Keys.

Oh, Mistah and I went straight to the Florida Keys allright . . .

. . . and we never left, not really, not deep down inside, where it counts.

And there there were two:

Julie's Westy '90. Our little Bundle of Joy joined us in June 2003

And, oh, how those two Westys loved traveling together . . .

These boys are all 14 now.

From the Davidson River in Western North Carolina . . .

I don't know how that van in the middle got all the attention.


. . . to Ocean Beach in New London . . .

. . . to Mumsie's backyard . . .

Okay, it's no Davidson River, but it's still cool.
And now, there are three:

Our darlin' Creampuff. Jacquie's Westy '85. Joined the Love in November 2010.

My mom emailed, "I can't believe 3 of my 6 daughters own Westys. You guys should be in a commercial."

We should! Well, except they don't make them anymore. So presumably they don't make commercials for them anymore . . . but we still should.

Anyway. Even though that '85 Westy is new to our little San Diego friends, those kids are not new to Westys. Oh, no. We camped in their driveway for months. And months. And months.

Our ubiquity was tempered by our regular weekend morning Westy Pancake Parties:

 . . . when they were wee . . 

. . . and when they were slightly less wee.

And now? Just like that, they can have Westy Waffle Parties all their own.

Which begs the question my sister-slash-co-Westy-owner-peeps. Westy Love Fest 2011. We're there.

When? And When?

9 comments:

Mistah said...

Westy rendezsvous sites? San Elijo? Fort Davis? Big Bend National Park? Davidson River Campground, N.C.? Gold Head State Park, Florida? The Anza-Borrego Desert, California? Bahia Honda, Florida Keys?
I'm ready -- just pick the spot. "Quinault the Camping Bear" is also ready to roll...

Mistah

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I must say, I'm so surprised that Julie's West is not white. I pictured three white Westys in my head, for some reason. But you know that Julie, always the maroon sheep of the family. lol.

You guys should be in a commercial. It can be filmed during the Westy Love Fest 2011. You just need to nail down a location. And Mistah has plenty of ideas about that....

xo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

y

Julie's West-y (but you knew what I meant).

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, how I LOVE! Those photos are awesome. My tiny little bald girl with that shit-eating grin, then the next one where my boy has his leg in a cast. Remember that illfated driveway sleepout night with the cast and that stupid mockingbird?

Let's pick a spot and get those Westies rolling toward each other! If only that pesky employment wasn't such a hindrance.

My little creampuff is currently parked right outside my window! We drove it in this morning, such fun. I looooooooove driving it - and will love it even more when I get the new passenger side rearview mirror. Guesswork on the freeway is overrated.

Jacquie

Pat said...

Let me know where the rendezvous is and I might join you...maybe I can rent one????
Pat

Zip n Tizzy said...

I love your Westy and I have to admit it always gets me pining for one and the open road. They may not make them any more but you still may find me in one one of these days. When I do, I'll contact you to hook me up!

toldyouso said...

That's it! I'm leaving Fakahatchee for a park with camping. I want to host the first annual Westy Rendezvous!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, Renee, my darlin' girl. Now you're talkin'......

E

unmitigated me said...

*sigh* I want a Westy.