Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday moaning: miscellanea

(1) Why is it that my elementary-age girls are sooooo tied on weekday mornings that it takes repeated badgering to get them up and out, but are awake and raring to go at 6:33 am on weekend mornings? They arise on the weekends before their 17-month-old sister, for the love of Pete. How do they do that? Why do they do that? Why oh why do they do that?

(2) How come every single year, right after putting the Christmas crap decorations away, which involves a ladder, and a climb up into the attic through one of those small ceiling cutouts, you find two tree ornaments in various rooms of the house? And then you find another. And then a fourth. And how many does it take before it warrants getting that ladder out again?


(3) This really does not need explanation:


Okay, so maybe it does, as it is an extremely blurry close-up. 

MY FIRST GRAY HAIR!

5 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Your first gray hair? Come here so I can smack you.

Just stick the ornaments in a drawer, where they'll stay until next year or until you move if you forget about them.

My kids have learned to stay away from me if they wake up early, one time I told my girl that she was not allowed to come out of her room until 7:00, and when she woke up at like 6:58 she lay there waiting for the clock to change, but then she missed the exact time and thought she was stuck in there forever. I finally heard her crying and released her from prison.

Happy Monday!

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Your first gray hair? Oh, I hope I never get one of those.

And Jacquie, that is the funniest thing I ever heard. Your poor dumb girl.

Beth, the magic number is 5. But only if you can think of something else to bring down from the attic as well.

Ellie

problem solver in PA said...

oh, Beth..that's just tinsel from the tree! Now get the ladder out and put it with the leftover ornaments back in the attic.
Problem solved!

About those early risers? No parental input until 8am or when their sister gets up, whichever comes first. I learned early on to make a low level drawer be available with plastic bowls and cups because anyone over the age of 5 can make themselves a bowl of cereal..all by themselves. This one little thing has served me well.

Now I have teenagers and I'm lucky if I see there bed-headed selves before noon.

Pat said...

Just look on you gray hair as the mark of growing wisdom.
Love, Mom

Mom C. said...

Beth - one gray hair? - after 3 daughters?? Wait'll you have 6 - daughters, not gray hairs! love - Mom C.