Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend 3-way: Bizarro World

Ellie:
The other day I went to pick up my book and saw this:

I thought it was just the perfect juxtaposition -- a scholarly, deep, comprehensive biography of Ancient Egypt's beguiling Queen, and a bookmark with a laughing monkey.

It's a card, actually, and the inside is even better. It says:

Go Ape Sheet on your Birthday.
Love, Mom and Dad

Beth:
The other year I took my kids to a museum exhibit and one of the displays was this:

Boy, did my kids enjoy learning about all manner of animal poop.

Jacquie:
I'm really sorry for what I am about to show you. But it was striking enough that I had to take a photo, a photo that I had no idea what to do with until the invitation to illustrate Bizarro World was presented.

I swear to you, it's a pork tenderloin. And it was delicious.

3 comments:

speechless in PA said...

I'm speechless...

Tami said...

Slogging through the beginning of Cleopatra-maybe I'm just not in the mood for it now. + Lark and Termite just arrived. Decisions...

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Central PA is speechless? My work here is done.