Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Snip, snip

It was finally time. I have been wanting to get the girl's hair cut for a few months now. It's gorgeous hair, really, honey colored and thick with curls. But it is not always the easiest to brush through, and from her wails and whimpers you would think we were beating her, not braiding her.

So, off to Pigtails and Crewcuts we went. (Hi, Kendra!) Just me and my girl. Her dad was down with the haircut, but at the last minute got a little nostalgic and requested repeatedly that we not cut too much.

Before

Finally seated in the black & white

Do I really have to wear that drape? I'm driving, here, lady!

Okay, so it's not so bad


Definitely time for a cut, right?

And then the fun really began. That girl sat there with her finger in her nose...

in both nostrils, in turn, for QUITE sometime. She thought it was hilarious. (Probably a good thing dad was not along for the ride.)

Cut is done, time for the do.

Ah, the trimmed-up basket weave. Lovely.

And this is all the was left behind. (= happy dad)

5 comments:

Pat said...

I know I am a tad biased, but she is adorable
Love, Nonnie

tiff said...

She is so cute!! Love, tiff

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw. Cute. Totally cute. But it's sad to watch that snipping, isn't it?

Little Ms. C. looked so brave, though, didn't she? Although I'm sure the comforting-finger-up-the-nostril helped.

Hope you did okay, too, Mama!

Love.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, that sweet girl. But seriously, that's *all* you had cut off? Your detangling is not likely to improve..

Love that face

xoxoxxo

Jacquie

f said...

I love the finger-in-the-nose shots!