Friday, July 27, 2012

The Tiger and The Gator

When I go to the ballpark, I love to watch the baseball. It's my favorite thing to do at the ballpark.

But you know what I also love to do? I love to meet the mascot.

Actually, at the Connecticut Tigers games, it's meet the mascots.

 I love to meet the mascots.

And then I love to try to teach the old mascot -- Tater the Gator -- how to do an old-fashioned low-five.

Tater the Gator has never *heard* of an old-fashioned low-five.

And then I love to try to get C.T. the Tiger and Tater the Gator to face off . . .

. . . aw . . .

. . . noogies . . .

[Actually, I was hoping for something a little more, um, competitive. And bloody.]

And then I like to say to Tater, and I quote myself, "Are you male or female? Oh wait. Are you a-sexual? Wait, you're multi-sexual, aren't you?" . . .

And then I love to watch Tater quickly running in the other direction . . .

But wait! Then I love to bring a kid to save the day!

A Jellyroll! A Jellyroll who loves mascots! Oh, wait. A Jellyroll who hates mascots.

Oh, how I love the ballpark.

4 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

I LOVE mascots! (In a crazy coincidence, the MN Twins had a few players come to our workplace; we're sponsoring the ballgame on Sunday) and I got my photo taken with TC, the mascot. It was fantastic.

Hsin-Yi said...

I love baseball games with Ellie, Bill and Mascots! Maybe next year Miles will be more cooperative.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Who the hell is Miles? Ha ha, good ol' Jellyroll, I get it.

And let's face it, those mascots are a bit scary, even if they do hug each other instead of fight each other. They are scary in a creepy, multi-sexual kind-of way ;-)

xo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

hilarious! love you scaring the mascots away with confusing hand gestures and sexual identity questions, then the mascots getting revenge by scaring poor jellyroll. My favoriet photo is the gator trying to look down his snout(?) to see your low five. his/her/it's ...THE costume seems more conducive to events above belt level.

see you later!!

xoxoxoxo
Jacquie