Thursday, July 26, 2012

watching

I recently spent a night in Hollywood with some of my very favorite peeps. My sister Julie and I had been piecing together the details of our visit in between all the distractions of our very busy lives. We knew what we needed from our two rooms, and we had a couple of locations in mind that would work, within certain parameters. We bid on priceline rooms and kept our eye on specials and incentives until we came up with a wicked awesome plan to include one night on the beach in Santa Monica and one night at Hollywood's famous Roosevelt hotel! We rock. I'll tell you all about Santa Monica later, you've probably seen 700 photos on facebook already. But in Hollywood I played like the real paparazzi and broke out my very fancy, expensive camera...


...which meant that I couldn't instagram the freakshow that we found ourselves in the midst of when we discovered that there was a premiere at Grauman's Chinese Theater the night we happened to be staying literally across the street.
 If you think that I did not become one with those gawking dorks, you are mistaken. 
 
It was such a weird scene even before that 8 foot tall cop showed up. 

Not nearly soon enough to save my dignity, limos began pulling up to those orange cones,  and we geeks would start to bustle.
 
 According to Joe, the guy above was the least famous person in the movie.

 
People seemed pretty excited about this guy, my son tells me he is part of Lonely Planet, which means that he is in some way responsible for putting Justin Timerlake's dick in a box 

I thought he was Harry Potter.
The limos continued to arrive and deposit vaguely famous looking people onto Hollywood Boulevard.
Well hello there! Who are you?
But then, look: 

Jonah Hill! Always to be known as the fat guy. Even though he wasn't fat for a while.
And lookie here:
Ben Stiller!


Vince Vaughn! (the pool hog)


Hi Ben! Do you even know Marcia Brady?
It was a funny, weird time. Weirdly awesome, I think. And there's so much more to tell, but I've got a plane to catch!

Catch ya from the C.T.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow, how funny and weird. And maybe weirdly awesome.

You've got to move that rubber band down so you can *zoom* Jacqueline. But you're a pretty good paparazzi stalker, I've got to hand it to you.

And I had no idea Justin Timberlake's weenie was in a box.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

That is totally Harry Potter! Cool.

And what fun, how Hollywood, you know. I hope all the peeps enjoyed it as much as you.

Like Ellie, I had no earthly that Timberlake's dick was in a box.

xoxo,
Beth