Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sweet

Well, what a day yesterday was! I got out of bed, dressed quickly, and made my way straight to my polling place. Okay, it's true, I may have waited in line for 15 minutes to be told my polling place was actually directly across the street (why would they DO that? Directly across the street?), so I actually voted at the second polling place I visited (this one with no line, thankyouverymuch), before casting my vote, but it was all delightful.

Seriously delightful. I love election day. It's exciting, which is why I opt to vote on election day, at my local polling place (or two). I've had more than a few people suggest that I should/could mail in my ballot, as if I might not know this is an option. Yes, of course, of course I know it's an option. But I *like* going to my local polling place(s). There is nothing quite like it. It's a great way to experience the privilege of having a vote. To stand among my fellow citizens and exercise this important right is something I relish. Plus the volunteers rock.

As do the stickers, clearly.
As the day wore on it continued to be delightful, culminating in Barack Obama's re-election, which  was called long before bed time. How tidy!

It was not, however, called before dinner time. And was we know from this week's earlier posts by Jacquie and Ellie, we are all about the food this week. We are almost a cooking blog.

Here is my election night meal, for your enjoyment. If you're like me you appreciate a recipe with few ingredients.

So, first off:
Remove beer from fridge.

Get out opener.

Open beer, and make sure to appreciate the beer cap's wisdom.

Next, raid daughter's halloween bag for chocolate.

Choose second course as well.

Mmm. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I did slightly better--beer and potato chips...but wasn't it fun!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Like mother like daughter! And I love that your meal was made healthy and nutritious by the nuts in the m&ms. Well done.

It's all grandiose. Except for that horribly plebian beer opener. Harumph.

I, too, find Election Day delightful and exciting. If my guy wins.

Love!

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

awesome. i should have come for dinner!

xo
Jacquie