Monday, November 5, 2012

trifecta

Here's the story of me making dinner.

I see a box of jumbo shells in the pasta aisle. I think of how my peeps love the pasta. Pasta is a friend to everyone, love handles be damned. What's not to love about seashell shaped pasta?

I think of how well everyone enjoyed the delicious, hearty meat sauce ala Jane that I made a few weeks ago, and how delicious that tick and zesty sauce would be inside of those big seashells.

I think of how much my girl loves the cheesy lasagne type meal, and how I make really great lasagne that she never gets to eat because her brother is a cheese-o-phobic meathead.

I think of how I really don't need to be eating any sort of cheese or meat filled pasta, for god's sake, what with all the twix bars and debauchery of late. I like veggies! I want veggies. Damn it.

Thus:






and everyone is happy.

Love handles be damned.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Look at you go! If I were invited, and sadly, I wasn't, I would like one of each, please. For purely scientific compare-and-contrast reasons.

I keep staring at those shells-'o'-love. They look really really really delicious. Nicely done, Jacqueline!

Do you need me to resend you my address?

Ellie

mom c said...

are you going to make it again for me? see you in a few short days, can't wait. love, mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

oh. my. goodness. How cool is that?? I, like Ellie, would ask for some of each. As I suspect everyone but that crazy cheese-hater of yours did.

Really wish I would have eaten lunch before vewing this. I'm pretty sure nothing I can go quickly fetch will come even close to this trifecta of seashell shaped pasta ;)

xoxo,
Beth