Friday, December 14, 2012

Fiction Friday: Dance, Exciment, Wind

My oldest daughter had to complete 18 poems for a class project a few weeks ago; below are 3 of my favorites. (I don't know if poems are actually 'fiction,' but I wouldn't classify them as non-fiction, so hey, they qualify.)

Dance
Spin, leap, turn
Leap, turn dizzy,
Turn, dizzy, fall
Dizzy, fall, learn
Fall, learn, try
Learn, try, dance

Excitement
Excitement is surprising fun
It tastes like raw cinnamon
It smells like a fire
It reminds me of the fireworks on the 4th of July
It sounds like laughter at a birthday party
And feels like you have something in your stomach

Wind
Wind is soft like a cold blanket
It sounds like the howl of a wolf
It answers the call
Of the rain
To warn people of the freezing night





2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Seriously? Little Ms. A? Those are really quite brilliant. You may have a dancing poet on your hands.....

Love.

Ellie

Pat said...

A future poetess...how sweet.
Love, mom